BTN

March8

Facts – Red 

Questions – Green 

Understandings – Blue 

This article was about privet Suds and privet Thomson and how they made history for stealing a cloth. Three facts I got from the article where Privet Suds and Privet Thomson thought that a convict’s life was easy. They though that getting caught would be a good thing. That’s because convicts got assigned hours of work agreed pay rates and had land rights once there sentence was over but Frances Falls the first chief of justice made them wear chains. Frances Falls job was to ensure that the law in Australia was repayment to the laws in England. The chains meant that it was hard to walk and stand up and Privet Suds got very sick so they took him to the convict’s hospital to remove the chains but five days later he died. W.C Wentworth thought that it was an outrage that the chief had succeeded his power and it became a war cry. Two questions I have after watching the video where did Privet Thomson die and was there more than one chief? An understanding I have after watching the video was hat a convicts life wasn’t that bad if you didn’t commit if you weren’t in chains.

by posted under BTN | No Comments »