100 word challenge

November1

I was swimming when it all started. First the flames appeared from the window overlooking the soccer field. Then everyone started to celebrate. They all started to cheer and dance. I started to ask everyone what was going on but they were too busy celebrating. Finally a lady in a bright blue dress told me that it was white rabbit day tomorrow and that today was black rabbit day. She them told me that the flames celebrated the death of black rabbit as he was the villain. It was apparently a big thing but I had never heard of it before.

by posted under 100WC | 1 Comment »    
One Comment to

“100 word challenge”

1. November 9th, 2017 at 3:55 am      Reply Jusden (Team 100) Says:

Hi Lilly,

A really nice story! This is a great piece of narrative writing. The piece almost has a mysterious feel to it, almost cult-like, and the flames etc are very topical around the time of bonfire night! I can relate to this as I really like reading thriller novels, often involving some sort of cult group, which in your story may even be friendly! I really like how you contrast a more shocking image such as the ‘flames’ along side the soccer field, really bringing the description out. Keep up the good work!